Monday, April 11, 2011

Another try ...

I can't believe it has been almost 6 months since I started those first posts - I was very inspired then and wanted to write nightly but I failed so miserably. I will make it a goal now to write weekly.
So many things have changed since the last time I posted and I am glad most of them are good things.  First, Hot Pot Heaven is now running smoothly and everyone that works at the restaurant are now knowing exactly what to do – it’s a big step consider none of us was working in a restaurant before. We are now also having a regular customer base. Whenever I walk into the restaurant I for sure would be able to recognize customers at 7 out of the 11 tables that we have. Thank you for the wonderful support everyone. Second, Jimmy’s mom isn’t overworked anymore! When we first opened, she worked 24/7. Jimmy and I are both very glad for it. Last but not least, Jimmy and I are now engaged! The restaurant somewhat helped us solidified our relationship – if we can get through the craziness of running a restaurant together, I think we can run a relationship together J - so we both think.
I will write more about our start up process as we go a long but let me share with you a little about our restaurant through pictures.

The inside: 11 tables total - each can sit 4 comfortably but sometimes we squeeze 5-6 and our customers still gracefully agree



Our money makers: the two fridges - we hope to keep them well stocked at all time but sometimes we get "slam" so hard we we couldn't keep up with the customers - but please feel free to let us know what you need and we will bring it to your table.



The kitchen - this picture was taken on April 9 - after 8 months in operation - I am very very proud to say that we have a very clean kitchen - thanks to our staff who scrub the floor every single day - with soap then clorox.










Except for the vegetarian and beef broths - the base for all of broth is freshly stewed chicken broth - which is stewed nightly!
Our cleaned and dried color plates - ready for use

Another thing I am VERY proud of is our bathroom - we are trying our best to keep it clean and neat and PRETTY :)

Clean restaurant, clean kitchen, clean bathroom and YUMMY FOOD - All these wouldn't have been possible without my hardworking staff.  Every single one of them work as if it's their family business. Jimmy and I are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff! Thus, Jimmy and I are trying our best to treat them as family.

Past and present employees - this was at our Christmas party - missing my two nieces.
THANK YOU.

1 comment:

  1. I like your artwork in the bathroom. It's spring now--perhaps a new collection featuring buds and blossoms of New England. ;)

    ReplyDelete